Pills for weight loss are extremely widespread today, but do they really work and are they safe for your health?
What is the excess weight?
Most often this is the result of a sedentary lifestyle, malnutrition or disturbances in the body. That’s why doctors with great distrust refer to tempting offers to lose weight with the help of diet pills, teas, and weight loss supplements. Such remedies are extremely harmful to health, as they interfere roughly in the metabolic processes of the body. What exactly weight loss means really affect the body?
Types of means for weight loss
Regardless of the release form, all the slimming means can be divided into five types.
1. Psychostimulating. This group includes drugs that affect the nervous system. Most often due to such psychotropic substances as caffeine, guarana, cola, Garcinia Cambodian, hoodia gordoni. And it does not matter, if the active ingredients of weight loss pills have a plant origin or synthetic one – both of them affect the central nervous system, suppressing the appetite.
2. Laxatives. Most teas for losing weight contain a complex composition of herbs. However, on closer examination, it turns out that the miracle tea is just a laxative on the basis of the hay.
3. Diuretics. No less harmful to health means with a pronounced diuretic effect. Long-term use of such teas causes a violation of the water-salt balance of the body, loss of potassium, general dehydration.
4. Stimulants of peristalsis. This synthetic agent acts like a natural plant-based fiber, that is it swells in the stomach (causing a feeling of satiety) and in parallel stimulates the work of the intestine (enhances its peristalsis). But this leads to irritation of the intestinal wall, and eventually causes the lazy bowel syndrome.
5. Fat Burners. Some fat burning pills contain fruit extracts, for example, pineapple or papaya, which are positioned as fat burners. But in parallel with the reception of “burners,” you need to actively engage in sports.
Even the best weight loss pills have their own contraindications, most often these are diseases of the cardiovascular system/liver/kidneys/nervous system. However, not all manufacturers consider it is necessary to directly inform the consumer about this.
Today they can say that the active substance of this plant interferes with the work of the central nervous system, “deceiving” the brain and actively interacting with the receptors responsible for glucose uptake. The consequences of this substitution may be the most unpredictable, and the results are questionable, since the drug “works” only if a low-calorie diet is observed, but this stimulates weight loss by itself.
How to lose weight without a threat to health?
Losing weight is not an easy task, and it needs to be solved in a comprehensive manner, starting with the cleansing of the whole organism, switching to proper nutrition (preferably a fractional 5-6 times a day), observing the water balance (preferably 15-30 minutes before eating) and the regime of activity.
To take into account all these nuances, consult your doctor. If necessary, he will appoint you vitamins or pick up supplements, but not with psychostimulants, but those that will normalize the work of internal organs (pancreas, liver, kidneys) and achieve an acceleration of metabolism. All these measures will force the body to cleanse itself and lose weight. Only in this way, you may get rid of excess weight not for a week, as it usually happens after the means for losing weight, but forever.